Monday, November 15, 2010

Can You Take Caoffee Ipitor

A Journey "Don Patagonia" In praise of bicycle



So I'm back on the road. And again I'm heading more and more places that are now my "places of the soul", Patagonia and Tierra del Fuego. Places where I can feel at home, although in different ways to Arezzo with the people I love. Places that I have entered the blood and helping me to surrender myself.
I'll be away at least two months: a very long time for a vacation, but I would say just for a real trip, as such draws a human experience, to be grown, to grow. I know I'm lucky I can afford to do what I really like it.
Journey to chase stories. Journey to continue to write travel books. And I will not miss traveling. Here, and in the pages of the Courier, I will try to publish a kind of diary.
this year's trip is still on the trail of my explorer Alberto Maria De Agostini. I signed the contract with my publisher Vallecchi and immediately left for Patagonia. These two months I will need to finish my story. "Don Paatagonia" will be in bookstores by September 2011.
I hope not bored. But if you do not bore you will not just be on my own. In reality trip like this happen so many strange things, insignificant or important, very different from each other. Things, however, anywhere in the world often have a link that binds them to each other. It 's a bit the history of the beat of a butterfly in San Francisco, causing an earthquake in Tokyo. Or vice versa ..

In reality this planet makes us breathe more air in the home, even when we are far away. And in this case does not mention the man who, as I said, he feels at home here.
IUL happens that while waiting for my friend Patrick comes to take me to the airport in Buenos Aires inn a stop at the bar of international arrivals by opening the pages of Italian newspapers in the Internet, I happen to read that in Brescia young people who wait for the amnesty on top of a crane collapsing and the poliszia charge people who want to express solidarity . In my country is visibly increasing intolerance towards foreigners. And a growing proportion of the racist and xenophobic attitudes towards immigrants from the South.
I speak not only of the disastrous policies of this government towards illegal immigrants and the wall that we raised in the Mediterranean. Speak directly to a culture and an anthropological change that is becoming more of my countrymen. Just
Here in Argentina, looking at the yellowed photos of Italians arrived in Argentina at the beginning of last century, we see evidence of this change. The journey of the emigrant
means, still go without cultivating the hope of return. It 's the result of a condition is not desired and imposed by the need to survive.

leave your home determines the uprooting from the family and the place of origin, with the loss of the most important and loved ones.
Yet the existential dimension, troubled and difficult, migrants' exists only in memory of the elders: and here we can understand better. In Italy, we know little or nothing the history of our migration. And no book speaks in schools.

Once we were Italian immigrants, foreigners, those who were accepted or rejected, but always with suspicion and almost always with racist attitudes.

Too bad they can not organize tours of our children to the museums of emigration and Ellis Island in New York to Buenos Aires in Argentina.

perhaps better understand what it's like a comfort and a culture open to all religious differences and EHE.

Well, for this travel are important.



0 comments:

Post a Comment