Geography intimate and distant
Some citizens who read the Corriere di Arezzo my travel notes I have written to ask if they are true to reports from a man who does not know (and in evident bad faith) on the site "Arezzo News" about my return policy or administration in the undertaking with the local elections next spring. The news is not true, of course, and no one can share my opinion Fanfani severe on the junta as a return to the political scene. I made other choices. That's why we want to respond to other citizens who ask me about Patagonia and the new book I'm writing with this trip. So, Alberto De Agostini was the younger brother of the De Agostini best known, one who founded the publishing house that brought the world home.
Some citizens who read the Corriere di Arezzo my travel notes I have written to ask if they are true to reports from a man who does not know (and in evident bad faith) on the site "Arezzo News" about my return policy or administration in the undertaking with the local elections next spring. The news is not true, of course, and no one can share my opinion Fanfani severe on the junta as a return to the political scene. I made other choices. That's why we want to respond to other citizens who ask me about Patagonia and the new book I'm writing with this trip. So, Alberto De Agostini was the younger brother of the De Agostini best known, one who founded the publishing house that brought the world home.
Who was really the only reading I discovered a this little book found on icebreaker en route to Antarctica. A young priest, Salesian at the beginning of last century, decided to start backpacking to address a trip to the end of the world, perhaps tired of his Piedmont, however, unrelated to a priestly mission made the whole house.
Sometimes I think that it is curious that this little book, written by Albert in the year so far, geography book intimate and distant, has called on his way to another writer, traveler. Yet it happened to me that I'm back for years in Patagonia and Tierra del Fuego, not to tell this world but to tell the emotions of those who were there already.
With Alberto Maria De Agostini began a strange game: I got her memories and I made them mine. Now I try to return them, he can not take them back but it's like to accompany me in my journey through his life. But the game is in progress on my part with my readers. Hold-stop trying to give back to them all that the journey is discovered, or is in danger of extinction. Traveling is also a free-consuming life, a slight and impalpable taking possession of the experience of others. Possession of culture and emotions of other people's lives.
What a life, which made Alberto De Agostini.
explorer, mountaineer, cartographer, great anthropologist, a sailor who defied Cape Horn. But above all, man, just man who has recognized and made his own humanity of the Indians.
Later I would strike a photo that appears with the little news that he will propose to the Internet. The same that we find everywhere, even in his books.
The slim and lanky figure with flowing robe and a beret on his head that fiddles with the camera on a tripod along, teetering on the steep rocks, the walls of Fritz Roy in the background.
This misunderstood Sales has climbed mountains, glaciers discovered, traveled thousands of miles on foot to document the geography of the past edges of the world, saved from oblivion the lives of whole peoples who have spent at least forty thousand in his photographs.
A traveler rare and fancy that perhaps has more passion in climbing the snowy peaks that convert the inhabitants of Tierra del Fuego.
0 comments:
Post a Comment