I remember how it was time that evening. I stopped on a small cove of a promontory wiry and windy. One of the four fishermen's cottages housed for the night the few travelers. It was the austral summer of 2005. I was alone. Above all, I was at Cape Horn.
Since I arrived there with a rickety cargo check, slow and uncertain in the surf, who delivered the mail and cargo from Punta Arenas, Chile in the far south to get to the islands that now I could see in distance. E I can not explain this sense-tion, but I felt that I could not be anywhere else, if not exactly where I was.
The next day, I actually had to leave. To the north, unfortunately, because that place where the outside world and the world seemed finished, it was really the farthest point reached during the past few months, to wander between Latin America, and because now I had only steps back , each of which would take me a little 'closer to home.
mean, actually I was still waiting for Ushuaia, the southernmost city in the world, and that it was almost paradoxical
think north, and I waited for the Tierra del Fuego and the other lying-that, Patagonia, where the stories and narratives become extreme.
from the ridge on which I had arranged, was easily lost in the contemplation of the sky above me, and I never tire of admiring the most beautiful of the constellations, the Southern Cross, then even under me rimirarla This was reflected in the other vastness opens up before me, the ocean.
Often, even in summer, the nights there are dark and stormy, but this December December because This is the month that gives the southern foothills a bit 'of warmth this December, I said, I had reserved the charm of a bright sky. A galaxy of stars who had never seen, and differs slightly, as a guest that is hard to feel fully at ease, the riddle of the moon southern hemisphere.
shone Above the moon, and already drove the night toward a new dawn, for the night, in the austral summer, is unstable and ephemeral, it seems that disappears is not started almost four hours, maybe even , hold the darkness at this latitude.
And maybe it was because of that hard white magic and strange that I shudder for a moment like a Pierrot bewitched by the moon that I discovered a part of something enormously bigger than me, and this I feel a renewed desire buried.
I went back to gaze at the Southern Cross, which for me has always been synonymous with freedom, the freedom that we enjoy in the distance and open spaces. If only for this: that the Southern Cross does not belong to my heavens, you can see only in the southern part of the planet.
But not only this, to make me take her in his heart.
I like that constellation is not a flashy, I would say cumbersome. Like that of the smallest, with its four colored stars and a fifth, more petite and pale, apparently disoriented wandering between the arms of the cross for this in these parts call Intrometida, as he had slipped into a feast that no one has called.
But it was looking at the Magellan, the last star, the brightest and closest to the South Pole, I thought he saw the reflection in the sky and the glow of the Antarctic continent.
It was at that very moment that the desire took off and became a sort solemn promise to myself someday I would come over there, over there in the world outside of the world some day I even set foot in Antarctica.
Then, you know, promises to themselves if they take so many. Many are lost along the way, are a bit 'like the good intentions of which is paved the road to hell ...
I could only imagine in Antarctica in a day far, far away from getting lost in another life. In fact, only one possibility of what is good hold on even if you do not believe: and I never thought about again so soon ...
But ... But ... Antarctica has been my most beautiful journey.
0 comments:
Post a Comment