I am not, though I would like to be time, a literary traveler, like to be called as Bruce Chatwin and Paul Theroux clipboard Return to Patagonia. But I know I accept the invitation to my place told by a book that I loved and love.
Cosi this is my journey, with stories and novels of Melville, of Sepulveda, in Coloane, or the poetry of Neruda.
The novel by Marcela Serrano Hotel women is a sad love recently but essential, indeed indispensable, as I realized when I arrived on the island of Chiloe.
"The love has become an elusive subject." This is the last thought of Floreana, the protagonist Marcela's novel, written before the "welcome to Chiloe.
The rickety bus comes into the country and Floreana looking out the window, enchanted by the brilliance of the blue: the sky was completely forgotten. Down and stretch your legs. He feels all the weight on the trip, added to the roll of the ferry that connects Puerto Montt and the island infinity of dirt roads traveled by bus to reach the country where the hotel is located.
It turns out grateful to the breeze that blows away the tiredness from her face and think about what she would like to always feel this way: "Being able to be light."
I am also descended from the ferry with Floriana. I tried the unusual property, the property of sad women, and I think I found it. At least, I like to think so.
E 'a wooden house painted in yellow and clinging to a small sunny slope overlooking the ocean. I went to sit beside them in a wall and I thought that if Marcela chose this place to tell stories of ordinary women who share the sorrow and scars of indifference must be a reason. But it remains alone.
The men, unhappy women in the hotel, can not possibly ransom. In most cases are described as the worst evils of the world. But there is still a possibility outside the walls of the hotel and the malaise of women. Floreana sees the meeting a man who probably suffers from a pain similar to his.
The novel is obviously dedicated to women.
and women are creatures of the mythology of the island of Chiloe. Pincoya is the beautiful goddess of fertility and prosperity and seductive dance naked on the ocean. If at the end of the dance turns his gaze towards the sea, the future will bring abundance. If, however, look to the land will be trouble.
Then there Caleuche. It 's a ghost ship full of witches who goes above and under water. The witches are evil and to the men, after having made crazy, disappear into the waves
0 comments:
Post a Comment